Visa DPS' innovative fraud risk management solution offers an array of features, including:
VAA is a comprehensive risk management tool that monitors and evaluates VisaNet® authorizations in real time, helping you immediately identify and respond to emerging fraud patterns and trends. As transactions are processed through the VisaNet system, VAA evaluates the authorization request data and assesses and assigns risk, allowing you to evaluate and make more informed decisions. Financial institutions that process through Visa DPS may exclusively receive the VAA score on all their transactions, regardless of the acquiring network used by the merchant.
Visa utilizes FICO® Falcon® Fraud Manager, a neural network platform that performs sophisticated fraud scoring to identify relationships and patterns often missed by traditional fraud detection methods. Use it to design customized anti-fraud strategies that successfully detect and stop potentially fraudulent activity. The system also provides operational and statistical reports to help you measure the success of your anti-fraud program.
With Visa DPS managed real-time decisioning, suspected fraud decline strategies are configured based on your institution's risk tolerance. Dowload Product Profile
Risk Services Manager provides an easy-to-use, client-managed rules engine to help catch and block suspect transactions. These rules may be used alone or in conjunction with Falcon Fraud Manager and are especially effective at catching unique fraud incidents, enabling you to stop authorization requests prior to approval.Download Product Profile
Visa North America Contact Center (NACC) offers a high-quality, turnkey fraud call center solution for financial institutions using Falcon Fraud Manager. Available around-the-clock or as a part-time option, NACC fraud analysts monitor your customers' transaction activity, contact cardholders to review suspicious transactions, and respond to cardholders' inquiries related to their fraud situations.
Visa North America Contact Center (NACC) can accept lost/stolen card notifications and card activation requests 24/7 from your cardholders. This around-the-clock support helps protect you and your cardholders from potential fraudulent activity. Full-time VRU capabilities enable cardholders to activate their new or reissued cards whenever it's most convenient for them.
Risk edits and authorization processing options help reduce your fraud exposure. Edit checks may be set at the financial institution, card group, or individual cardholder level. You may set limits separately for cash and POS activity, and timeframes may be set for single- or multiple-day periods.
For even greater card program protection and reduced fraud, these programs validate additional data in the authorization message:
- Cardholder Verification Value (CVV). Validates a unique three-digit code on the magnetic stripe of all cards to detect counterfeit or re-encoded cards.
- Cardholder Verification Value 2 (CVV2). Verifies a unique value, printed on the reverse side of the card, to reduce fraudulent card-not-present transactions.
- Dynamic Cardholder Verification Value (dCVV). Validates a dynamic three-digit code provided by the chip on a contactless card to detect fraud.
- Integrated Circuit Card Verification Value (iCVV). Validates an alternate Card Verification Value that an issuer may encode on a chip instead of the standard Card Verification Value contained in the magnetic stripe of the chip card.
- Address Verification Service (AVS). Enables merchants to confirm a cardholder's billing address to prevent fraud in the card-not-present environment.
VbV makes Internet purchases safer by authenticating a cardholder's identity in real time during an online Visa card transaction.
With Visa Data Manager's fraud analytics and insights tools, you can identify the common point of purchase, and then establish a potential list of impacted cardholders for immediate, proactive communication.
This optional service enables participating clients to designate individual cardholders for special transaction processing and manual fraud case review, providing traveling and VIP cardholders a higher level of service. The VIP Travel Monitor Service may offer the following benefits and features:
- Increase cardholder satisfaction by reducing negative purchasing experiences for traveling cardholders.
- Provide a higher level of service to cardholders by removing them from automated fraud systems.
- Limit the number of false positive suspect fraud cases associated with traveling or VIP cardholders.
- Increase cardholder retention through hands-on delivery of fraud case management.
- Provide a premium, 24/7 monitoring capability that enables cardholders to verify transactions with a dedicated toll-free number.
- Allow issuers to easily manage travel monitoring at the cardholder level at any time using the Card & Account Maintenance Client Administrative Tools and Services (CATS) application, or through batch processes.